GWIKS Undergraduate Research Fellows Program
The program encourages outstanding undergraduate students to research on Korea by providing resources and mentoring for their study. Students will connect with GWIKS faculty members and former diplomats (affiliated with DACOR) to participate in an academic/career mentoring program, monthly research workshops, and conferences throughout the academic year. Selected students will present their papers at the annual conference of GW-IU Korean Studies Undergraduate Research Exchange program in the spring semester. AY 2019-2020 conference will be held at Indiana University.
Fellows Program Benefits
- Get close academic mentoring by GWIKS faculty members.
- Connect with former diplomats and receive mentoring on academics & foreign affairs careers.
- Produce a 15-20 page research paper (excluding bibliography) on Korea-related research topic. This is a great opportunity to work on your research paper for any class or senior thesis paper!
- Receive travel support to attend the annual GW-IU Korean Studies Exchange Conference. (Selected students only)
- Receive $500 award for the best research paper. (One student)
- Gain experience in conducting research.
- Volunteer and participate in GWIKS events.
- Have opportunities to network with peers.
Fellows Program Requirements
- GW Undergraduate Students
- Preference is given to juniors and seniors who have a strong research agenda
Please submit a complete application to email@example.com. Application is now closed.
- One page research statement
- One page personal statement
- An unofficial GW transcript
Have any questions? Contact GWIKS at firstname.lastname@example.org.