Undergraduate Research Fellows Program 2019-20
Applications Deadline: FRIDAY May 31, 2019
The Institute for Korean Studies at the George Washington University invites applications for the GW Undergraduate Research Fellows Program. The GW Undergraduate Research Fellows Program is meant to encourage outstanding undergraduate students to conduct research on Korea by providing essential resources and mentoring for their study. Selected students will connect with GWIKS faculty members and former diplomats affiliated with DACOR to participate in a mentoring program, research workshops, and conferences throughout the 2019-20 academic year.
Fellows Program Benefits
- Get close academic mentoring by GWIKS faculty members
- Connect with former diplomats and receive mentoring on foreign affairs
- Produce a 15-20 page research paper (excluding bibliography) on Korea-related research topic. This is a great opportunity to work on your research paper for any class or senior thesis paper.
- Gain experience in conducting research on Korea
- Participate in workshops and conferences during the 2019-2020 academic year
- Volunteer and participate in the GWIKS events
- Receive $500 award for the best research paper
Fellows Program Requirements
- GW Undergraduates
- Preference is given to juniors and seniors who have a strong research agenda
Please submit a complete application to email@example.com.
- One page research statement
- One page personal statement
- An unofficial GW transcript
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.