Welcome to the GW Institute for Korean Studies!
Founded in the year 2016, the GW Institute for Korean Studies (GWIKS) is a university wide Institute housed in the Elliott School of International Affairs at the George Washington University. The establishment of the GWIKS in 2016 was made possible by a generous grant from the Academy of Korean Studies (AKS). The mission of GWIKS is to consolidate, strengthen, and grow the existing Korean studies program at GW, and more generally in the greater D.C. area and beyond. The Institute enables and enhances productive research and education relationships within GW, and among the many experts throughout the region and the world.
Fall 2019 Announcements & News
- R. Maxwell Bone, GW student who presented at the 1st Annual Conference of GW-IU Undergraduate Research Exchange Program, published his article on October 30, 2019 on The Diplomat, “Uganda: North Korea’s African Ally”
- Scholarship/award opportunities available for undergraduate students interested in Korean language and culture are open for applications!
- FLAS applications for AY 2019-2020 and Summer 2020 are now open!
- See Director Jisoo M. Kim’s new book chapter.
- Meet our Undergraduate Research Fellows!
- All current GW undergraduate students are welcome to apply our Summer Study Abroad Program!
GWIKS Inaugural Ceremony
2018 Hahn Moo-Sook Opening
Concert & Lecture