GW-IU Undergraduate Research Exchange Program 2018-2019
Extended Application Deadline: November 11, 2018
The Institute for Korean Studies at the George Washington University and Indiana University Bloomington invite students to apply for the first annual GW-IU Undergraduate Research Exchange Program. We are seeking to select students who are interested in conducting research about Korea. All students receive mentoring from faculty at the Institute for Korean Studies.
Selected students participate in research workshops during the fall and spring semesters, take part in a mini-conference, and present their papers at the annual GW-IU Korean Studies Undergraduate Research Exchange Conference in the spring semester. The conference alternates locations between Washington, DC, and Bloomington, IN.
This academic year’s conference will be held at the GW on Saturday, April 20, 2019.
- Get close mentoring by faculty through workshops and office hours
- Produce a 15-20 page research paper on any Korea-related research topic such as politics, inter-Korean affairs, literature, film, K-pop, history, sociology, anthropology and more!
- Participate in a mini-research conference in March 2019
- Participate in the annual GW-IU Korean Studies Exchange Conference in April 2019 (Exchange Program participants’ meal and travel costs will be covered)
- Have Opportunities to volunteer at the Institute for Korean Studies events
- Undergraduates (Juniors and seniors preferred)
- Ideas for a research paper on any Korea related topic
- Your resume
- Brief introduction of yourself
- Working title / brief explanation of your proposed research project