GW-IU Undergraduate Research Exchange Program
The Institute for Korean Studies at the George Washington University and Indiana University Bloomington invite students to apply for the first annual GW-IU Undergraduate Research Exchange Program. We are seeking to select students who are interested in conducting research about Korea. All students receive mentoring from faculty at the Institute for Korean Studies.
Selected students participate in research workshops during the fall and spring semesters, take part in a mini-conference, and present their papers at the annual GW-IU Korean Studies Undergraduate Research Exchange Conference in the spring semester. The conference alternates locations between Washington, DC, and Bloomington, IN.
The 1st Annual GW-IU Undergraduate
Research Exchange Program Conference
SATURDAY, APRIL 20, 2019
1:00 PM – 5:30 PM
CLOYD HECK MARVIN CENTER, ROOM 407
THE GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY
800 21ST ST NW, WASHINGTON, DC 20052
Click to see the Program Schedule
Welcome to Participate as an Audience in the Conference!
Participation is Free of Charge.
Advance registration is required.
- Get close mentoring by faculty through workshops and office hours
- Produce a 15-20 page research paper on any Korea-related research topic such as politics, inter-Korean affairs, literature, film, K-pop, history, sociology, anthropology and more!
- Participate in a mini-research conference
- Participate in the annual GW-IU Korean Studies Exchange Conference (Exchange Program participants’ meal and travel costs will be covered)
- Have Opportunities to volunteer at the Institute for Korean Studies events
- Undergraduates (Juniors and seniors preferred)
- Ideas for a research paper on any Korea related topic
- Your resume
- Brief introduction of yourself
- Working title / brief explanation of your proposed research project