GW Institute for Korean Studies
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Korean Studies (Social Sciences)
Fall 2019 – Spring 2020
The George Washington University Institute for Korean Studies (GWIKS) is now accepting applications for the Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Korean Studies for the 2019-20 academic year. This fellowship is open to scholars in the social sciences focusing on a Korea-related research topic.
The Fellowship Grant:
The fellowship will cover up to a 12-month period between August 1, 2019 and July 31, 2020 and provide a stipend of $50,000. The postdoctoral fellow will also receive shared office space and access to libraries and other resources at GW. Also, the postdoctoral fellow will be invited to participate in the academic life of the GWIKS.
The Fellow will be Required to:
- Reside in the metropolitan DC area;
- Work on revising his or her doctoral dissertation for publication as a monograph;
- Teach one (1) graduate seminar in the spring semester of 2020 (Optional);
- Give a public lecture for the GWIKS lecture series during appointment period;
- Co-organize and present at a book manuscript workshop (April or May);
- Mentor GWIKS Undergraduate Fellows; and
- Participate in GWIKS events and related activities.
Applicants must have received their Ph.D. degree in the social sciences, and all untenured scholars are eligible to apply. The applicant who is awarded the fellowship must complete all requirements for the Ph.D. degree (dissertation deposited) by July 31, 2019.
The application must be submitted by 5 pm EST on Friday, May 17, 2019. We will provide a decision by early or mid- June.
- Your most recently updated Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter – explaining research project, teaching experience and what you plan to accomplish while in residence at GWIKS
- Statement of Research
- Statement of Teaching (Optional)
- Writing Sample (max. 40 pages)
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation (emailed by referees directly to GWIKS email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Application materials (except for letters of recommendation to be sent directly from the referee) must be submitted by 5 pm EST on Friday, May 17, 2019. Please submit all documents in PDF format at email@example.com. Letters of recommendation should also be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions regarding the position or the application process should be addressed to GWIKS:
email@example.com | 202-994-2775
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Korean Studies
Institute for Korean Studies
Elliott School of International Affairs
The George Washington University
1957 E St. NW Suite 503
Washington, DC 20052
Download this announcement in PDF